Prolonged relief of the symptoms of moderate to severe ocular dryness
These eye drops have an even lower concentration of sodium chloride than Lacrifresh Ocu-Dry 0.2% and as such have a much lower tonicity; it is the most hypotonic.
- They are designed for people who suffer from moderately or seriously dry eyes and provide prolonged relief of their symptoms
- Less Na Cl than Lacrifresh Ocu-Dry 0.2%
- Is more HYPOTONIC than Lacri-fresh Ocu-Dry 0.20%: has a much lower osmotic concentration than human tears
- Osmotic concentration of 150 mOsm/L
- Viscosity: 50-52 cP
Dry Eye Syndrome
People who suffer from moderate to serious dry eyes have:
- Have a tear with more concentration of salts due to more evaporation and less tear replacement.
- With an enhanced tonicity: hypertonic tears.
- Need hypotonic eye drops in order to correct this imbalance. The human tears "latch onto" the water in the eye drops, enabling them to become isotonic/balanced.
The drier the eyes, the more hypotonic the eye drops need to be in order to treat them.
The greater the concentration of sodium hyaluronate, the greater the viscosity and therefore the longer the presence on the artificial drop and there-fore, the longer the lubricating effect on the eye.
Contains a combination of elements which make it effective:
- Sodium chloride: gives hipotonicity to the solution.
- Buffer: adjusts the pH so that it is similar to that of the eye.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: a lubricating agent.
- Glycerin: lubricant and viscosizing.
- Essential electrolytes: (Cl-, Na+, Ca2+, K+, Mg2+)
For full information view PDF Product Sheet