Relieves the symptoms of slight to moderate ocular dryness.
These eye drops have a lower concentration of sodium chloride than the rest of Avizor's drops and therefore a lower tonicity. They are there-fore hypotonic.
- They are designed for people who suffer from slight to moderate dry eyes on an occasional basis and act to alleviate their symptoms.
- Less Na Cl than the rest of Avizor's drop
- Is HYPOTONIC: has a lower osmotic concentration than human tears
- Osmotic concentration of 200 mOsm/L
- Viscosity: 17-20 cP
Dry Eye Syndrome
People who suffer from either slight to moderate dry eyes have:
- Have a tear with more concentration of salts due to more evaporation and less tear replacement.
- With an enhanced tonicity: hypertonic tears.
- Need hypotonic eye drops in order to correct this imbalance. The human tears “latch onto” the water in the eye drops, enabling them to become isotonic/balanced.
The drier the eyes, the more hypotonic the eye drops need to be in order to treat them.
The greater the concentration of sodium hyaluro-nate, the greater the viscosity and therefore the longer the presence on the artificial drop and there-fore, the longer the lubricating effect on the eye.
Contains a combination of elements which make it effective:
- Sodium chloride: gives hipotonicity to the solution.
- Buffer: adjusts the pH so that it is similar to that of the eye.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: a lubricating agent.
- Glycerin: lubricant and viscosizing.
- Essential electrolytes: (Cl-, Na+, Ca2+, K+, Mg2+)
For full information view Product Sheet